TKI Construction is a general contractor located in the beautiful Okanagan valley. We specialize in commercial and institutional construction. We pride ourselves in creating a cohesive team environment where all employees are valued and have the opportunity for growth and advancement. We are seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager to join our fast-growing, dynamic team.
We are seeking a full time The ideal candidate will have at least ten years of experience in a Project Management role and has worked on multi-million-dollar projects. We are looking for someone who is a team player. Someone who enjoys creative problem solving as well as mentoring others. This position is permanent full-time.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects. As an integral part of the project team, you will be responsible for executing all aspects of project management, from estimates, bidding and project closeout.
- Promote a culture of health, safety, and environmental protection to achieve compliance with TKI Construction HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations, and codes.
- Implement project start-up systems and procedures including, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including, the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFIs.
- Supports the subcontract management/procurement process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, processes invoices and progress claims, and assists with reviewing documents and inquiries.
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data, submitting change requests for approval, and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed.
- Tracks project milestones; controls and prepares detailed project schedule.
- Leads, coaches, and collaborates with the project team, including superintendents, project coordinators, subcontractors, and suppliers, to achieve project objectives.
- Manages and builds client relationships while respectfully handling client expectations.
- Prepares for project closeout by collecting warranties, O&M manuals, and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents and archives documents.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science Technologist of BC Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years in Project Manager Role.
- Worked on multi-million dollar commercial, institutional, residential, and light civil projects.
- Working knowledge of construction documents, estimates, drawings, specifications, and current construction practices and methodology.
- Familiarity with macOS, as well as Merlin, an asset.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs.
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in complex situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Gold Seal Certification, PMP Designation, or PEng., an asset.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company vehicle
- Use of the company gym
- Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience.