We are a local general contractor specializing in commercial, institutional, and industrial construction. Our team consists of people who value honesty and integrity and are committed to getting the job done right the first time. We want people who are safety oriented, dedicated, professional, and detail focused.
We are seeking full-time Journeyman/Apprentice Carpenters, who are safety oriented and have a keen eye for detail, is accurate in their measurements and takes pride in their work. People who are adaptable and team players, as this job requires excellent communication skills and a readiness to help fellow team members.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements of the project.
- Accurately take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements.
- Ability to build window frames, doors, staircases, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- The ability to install items such as siding, millwork, and insulation is a plus.
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other structures needed for construction.
- Journeyman ticket or proof of apprenticeship.
- Experience as a Carpenter.
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
- Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
- First Aid, WHIMS, and Fall Protection Certifications are an asset but not required.