Special Projects Superintendent
TKI Construction is a commercial, general contractor. We are seeking a Special Project Superintendent to join our fast-growing, dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in a supervisory role and will have experience working on more than one small project at a time. The Special Project Superintendent needs to be someone who enjoys being on the tools, in addition to the regular supervisor duties. We are looking for someone who is a team player that enjoys teaching and mentoring others. This position is permanent full-time.
The Special Project Superintendent’s primary responsibility is to manage, in collaboration with the Project Manager, the successful completion of assigned projects. The Special Project Superintendent is the lead for job site safety, quality control, and project schedule. They are also the liaison with the architect and consultants on all field and constructability issues. Occasional travel outside of the Okanagan is required.
- Manage job site safety, quality, and schedule for assigned projects from pre-construction to closeout.
- Ensure TKI Constructions standards of quality and safety are adhered to by assertively championing TKI’s safety culture to the project team and subcontractors.
- Mentor and develop field team members while effectively managing the overall team.
- Work collaboratively with the project manager, project team members, and field.
- Represent TKI Construction in a professional manner.
- Manage the field and project team successfully and collaboratively.
- Establish and maintain, positive and effective relationships with clients, construction managers, project team, consultants/architects/engineers, subcontractors, adjacent community, trades, and government agencies.
- Responsible for the project set-up, job site logistics, field coordination, and project schedule.
- Ensure the project maintains its schedule and budget.
- Review all project documents for constructability and content, including shop drawings.
- Maintain and update project records including, RFI’s and as-builts.
- Create and enforce a site-specific emergency action plan for assigned projects in collaboration with the project manager.
- Supervise and coordinate subcontractors.
- Coordinate with building inspections, subcontractor inspections, and agencies.
- Perform daily job site walks and submit daily safety paperwork.
- Conduct and/or attend, pre-job meetings, toolbox talks, safety meetings, and project staff meetings.
- Manage job site people-power production and performance.
- Use project management and scheduling software effectively.
- Attend company and industry events including, meetings, training, workshops, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum 4 years of experience as a Special Project Superintendent, or equivalent role, in the construction industry. Degree in Construction Management, Red Seal Endorsement, or related field, preferred. Gold Seal Certification an asset. Special Project Superintendent candidates must have a solid understanding of the construction industry, job site safety requirements, planning and scheduling, building trades and sequence of work, and relevant technology. Key competencies are leadership, initiative, communication, teamwork, managing for results, and coaching & mentoring. Must be able to read plans and specifications.
Technical skills: MS Office Suite and scheduling software. Experience with MacOS an asset.
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company vehicle
- Use of the company gym
- Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience.
TKI construction is a general contractor located in the beautiful Okanagan valley. We specialize in commercial and institutional construction. We pride ourselves in creating a cohesive team environment where all employees are valued and have the opportunity for growth and advancement.