TKI Construction is a commercial, general contractor. We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our fast-growing, dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a Project Coordinator role and will have worked on various types of commercial projects. We are looking for someone who is a team player that is organized and enjoys learning and problem solving.
This position is permanent full-time.
The Project Coordinators primary responsibility is to manage, in collaboration with the Project Manager, the successful completion of assigned projects.
The Project Coordinator assists the Project Manager with scheduling, change orders, progress billings, site meetings, and meeting minutes, the issuance of contracts and any other tasks that contribute to the successful completion of projects. The Project Coordinator also assists the estimator with bid process, preparing tender submissions, and estimating.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to run small jobs of their own.
- Assist in the management of the project.
- Assist the estimator in the tendering process and in preparation of estimates and tender submittals.
- Assist in management of all aspects of projects, including scheduling, cost-coding, and safety reporting.
- Responsible for coordination of project documentation, which includes, but not limited to: meeting minutes, change orders, site instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, draft Progress Claims, field notices
- Set up and maintain project reporting procedures: cost reports, project status reports, shop drawings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, submittals, site instructions.), track responses and advise stakeholders.
- Establish effective on-site communications and progress reporting with subtrades and clients.
- Prepare trade contracts with the desired scope of work for Project Manager’s review.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support to the project team as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Degree or Diploma in Construction, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of experience as a Project Coordinator.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans is an asset.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using MacOS and Autodesk an asset.
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary will be based on the candidate’s experience
TKI construction is a general contractor located in the beautiful Okanagan valley. We specialize in commercial and institutional construction. We pride ourselves in creating a cohesive team environment where all employees are valued and have the opportunity for growth and advancement.
TKI Construction is an equal opportunity employer.